- Category : Entertain-Music-Composer/Arranger
- Type : GE
- Profile : 1/3 - Investigating / Martyr
- Definition : Split - Small (2,5,12,35)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Planning 4
- Birth Year: 1915
- Birthday: 29. November
- Birthplace: Columbus, USA - Ohio
- Category: Entertain-Music-Composer-Arranger
- Profile: 1-3
- Type: Emotional Generator
- Inc.Cross: Planning 4
- Definition: Double Split - Small (2,5,12,35)
- Variables: BLR-MLR
- 0659 Mating
- 3740 Community
- 0952 Concentration
- 1333 The Prodigal
- 0731 The Alpha
- 1156 Curiosity
American jazz musician, composer and arranger, pianist and lyricist.
He composed and arranged for the Duke Ellington Orchestra for almost 30 years, 1939-1967, with such hits as "Take the A Train" and "Satin Doll." In 1950 the group toured Europe. Later, Strayhorn cut a record of his own performance in "Cue for Sax," on a Master Jazz label. Openly gay, and an alcoholic.
He died of cancer 5/31/1967, New York City.