Princess Sophia of England
- Category : Notable-Famous-Royal-family
- Type : MGP
- Profile : 5/1 - Heretical / Investigator
- Definition : Split - Small (3,27,42,57)
- Incarnation Cross : LAX Incarnation 2
- Birth Year: 1777
- Birthday: 03. November
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Profile: 5-1
- Type: Pure Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Incarnation 2
- Definition: Double Split - Small (3,27,42,57)
- Variables: BRL-MRR
- 1333 The Prodigal
- 2946 Discovery
- 2644 Surrender
- 2838 Struggle
- 3254 Transformation
British royalty, the twelfth child and fifth daughter of King George III and Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. Sophia is perhaps best known for the rumours surrounding a supposed illegitimate child to which she gave birth as a young woman.
Though she never wed, rumours spread that Sophia became pregnant by Thomas Garth, an equerry of her father's, and gave birth to an illegitimate son in the summer of 1800. Other gossip declared the child was the product of rape by her elder brother the Duke of Cumberland, who was deeply unpopular. Historians are divided on the validity of these stories, as some believe she gave birth to Garth's child while others call them tales spread by the Royal Family's political enemies.
The princess died on 27 May 1848 at her residence in Vicarage Place, Kensington Palace.