Simon Willem Maris
- Category : Art-Fine-art-artist
- Type : MGP
- Profile : 1/3 - Investigating / Martyr
- Definition : Split - Small (1,2,7,10,15,26,46)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX The Sleeping Phoenix 2
- Birth Year: 1873
- Birthday: 21. May
- Birthplace: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Profile: 1-3
- Type: Pure Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: The Sleeping Phoenix 2
- Definition: Double Split - Small (1,2,7,10,15,26,46)
- Variables: BLL-MLR
- 2343 Structuring
- 2750 Preservation
- 2551 Initiation
- 2034 Charisma
- 0360 Mutation
Dutch painter of portraits, art dealer and collector, member of a noted painters family.
He lived and worked in The Hague , Weesp, Antwerp (1895-97, Académie des Beaux Arts), Amsterdam, Brussel (1901), and Paris (1902).
Simon Willem was the son and student of the impressionistic landscape painter Willem Maris. He was a nephew of Matthijs and Willem Maris. He painted woman's portraits, often with a child. But his major source of income was the trade of art and antique in his house on the Keizersgracht 498 in Amsterdam, which became a cultural centre.
As an art and antique dealer and collector he knew and corresponded with many artists. He supported poor painters by buying their art. Lizzy Ansingh was a house friend. Since 1899 he was a friend of Piet Mondriaan. He was a member of several art circles.
In 1908 he married the painter Cornelia (Noot) den Breejen (1887-1985), also a friend of Piet Mondriaan. They got a daughter Mies (1909-1997) and son Thijs (1910-1955).
He died 22 January 1935 in Amsterdam.