- Category : Entertain-Music-Vocalist-Opera
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 4/6 - Opportunistic / Role Model
- Definition : Split - Small (12,30,49)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Planning 1
- Birth Year: 1888
- Birthday: 27. February
- Birthplace: Berlin, Germany
- Category: Entertain-Music-Vocalist-Opera
- Profile: 4-6
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Planning 1
- Definition: Double Split - Small (12,30,49)
- Variables: BLR-MRL
- 2057 The Brain Wave
- 3457 Power
- 3740 Community
- 2034 Charisma
- 0952 Concentration
German author, teacher and opera singer. She studied in Berlin and made her debut in Hamburg, 1910. Her Vienna opera career flourished until the Nazi invasion when she emigrated to the U.S.. Lehmann was a favorite in a variety of roles, largely Wagner and Strauss, also singing the Italian and French repertory. During WW II she sang at the Metropolitan, retiring from opera in 1945 and from concerts in 1951. With a voice of great warmth and beauty she was considered the most persuasive operatic actress of her generation.
After retirement, Lehmann became noted as a writer of many books on singing, also teaching. Her two most noted books are "More than Singing" in 1945 and "Eighteen Song Cycles," 1971.
Lehmann died 8/26/1976 Santa Barbara, CA.