- Category : Writers-Religion-Philosophy
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 3/5 - Martyr / Heretic
- Definition : Split - Small (6)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX The Sleeping Phoenix 1
- Birth Year: 1823
- Birthday: 21. February
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Profile: 3-5
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: The Sleeping Phoenix 1
- Definition: Double Split - Small (6)
- Variables: BRL-MLL
- 1034 Exploration
- 2034 Charisma
- 3041 Recognition
- 0108 Inspiration
- 1020 Awakening
- 3955 Emoting
French philosopher, the closest disciple of the philosopher Auguste Comte, who taught in his doctrine of Positivism that only knowledge verifiable by the methods of the empirical sciences is valid.
On Comte’s death in 1857, Laffitte, who was one of his executors, became head of the Comité Positiviste. He was appointed professor of the general history of science at the Collège de France in 1892. In 1893 he was appointed to the new chair founded at the Collège de France for the exposition of the general history of science, and it was largely due to his inspiration that a statue to Comte was erected in the Place de la Sorbonne in 1902.
He died 4 January 1903, Paris.