- Category : Entertainment-Radio-D.J.-Announcer
- Type : GE
- Profile : 4/6 - Opportunistic / Role Model
- Definition : Split - Small (6,25,39,44)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Penetration 3
- Birth Year: 1935
- Birthday: 12. October
- Birthplace: Madison, USA - Wisconsin
- Category: Entertainment-Radio-D.J.-Announcer
- Profile: 4-6
- Type: Emotional Generator
- Inc.Cross: Penetration 3
- Definition: Double Split - Small (6,25,39,44)
- Variables: BRL-MRR
- 0515 Rhythm
- 3740 Community
- 2750 Preservation
- 4253 Maturation
- 3254 Transformation
American sportscaster and baseball player, shortstop for the Yankees from 1957-65, playing in six World Series. During 1957, Kubek was the A.L. Rookie of the Year, and he continued to show his versatility as a player throughout the eight seasons he spent with the Yankees. In 1961, he set a Yankee record, cracking 38 doubles, and after returning from the U.S. Army in late 1962 he delivered a three-run home run.
During the 1960 World Series, he had been hit in the throat by a baseball as it bounced into the air during a double play. Plagued by that injury, Kubek announced his retirement from the game on 1/25/1966, due to a dangerous neck and back condition.
After leaving baseball, the friendly and popular Kubek became a respected and successful television announcer for Monday Night Baseball, 1972-75.