- Category : Politics-Heads-of-state
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 6/2 - Role Model / Hermit
- Definition : Split - Small (9,53,55,57)
- Incarnation Cross : LAX Duality 1
- Birth Year: 1871
- Birthday: 26. May
- Birthplace: Brussels, Belgium
- Category: Politics-Heads-of-state
- Profile: 6-2
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Duality 1
- Definition: Double Split - Small (9,53,55,57)
- Variables: BRL-MLL
- 1858 Judgment
- 3740 Community
- 1034 Exploration
- 2034 Charisma
- 1020 Awakening
- 3536 Transistoriness
Socialist writer and statesman, a leader of the moderate wing of the Flemish nationalist movement during the first decades of the 20th century, and prime minister of Belgium from 1946 to 1947.
Trained as a philologist, Huysmans taught at the collège at Ieper, Belg., the Athenaeum at Ixelles, Belg., and the Université Nouvelle (French: “New University”) in Brussels. From 1910 he served in the House of Representatives, first for Brussels and then for Antwerp, acting as secretary for the Second International based in Brussels (1905–22). In the years before World War I he wrote for several socialist newspapers, including Le Peuple, and after the war started the Flemish Volksgazet in Antwerp, where he helped form a Socialist Party branch and became the city’s mayor (1933).
He died 25 February 1968.