- Category : Entertain-Business-Director
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 2/4 - Hermit / Opportunist
- Definition : Split - Large
- Incarnation Cross : RAX The Vessel of Love 1
- Birth Year: 1891
- Birthday: 20. March
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Profile: 2-4
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: The Vessel of Love 1
- Definition: Double Split - Large
- Variables: BRL-MRL
- 4764 Abstraction
- 1034 Exploration
- 2034 Charisma
- 0515 Rhythm
- 1020 Awakening
- 3536 Transistoriness
British film writer and director.
As an actor early in his career he was one of the 'Ghosts' in the 1922 British made Paramount silent Three Live Ghosts alongside Norman Kerry and Cyril Chadwick. Also in the early 20s he wrote several screenplays for star Mae Murray and directed by her then husband Robert Z. Leonard.
Goulding is best remembered for directing cultured dramas such as Love (1927), Grand Hotel (1932) with Greta Garbo and Joan Crawford, Dark Victory (1939) with Bette Davis, and The Razor's Edge (1946) with Gene Tierney and Tyrone Power. He also directed the classic film noir Nightmare Alley (1947) with Tyrone Power and Joan Blondell, and the action drama The Dawn Patrol.
He was also a successful songwriter, composer, and producer.
He died 24 December 1959.