- Category : Film - Documentaries
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 3/5 - Martyr / Heretic
- Definition : Split - Small (16,37,45)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Tension 4
- Birth Year: 1937
- Birthday: 02. January
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA - California
- Category: Film - Documentaries
- Profile: 3-5
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Tension 4
- Definition: Double Split - Small (16,37,45)
- Variables: BRR-MLR
- 2750 Preservation
- 1222 Openness
- 2644 Surrender
- 4764 Abstraction
- 1156 Curiosity
American documentary maker, noted for powerful productions. He first gained public attention with a award-winning exposes "Hunger in America," 1968, which he co-wrote, and "The Selling of the Pentagon," 1971, which he wrote and produced. His equally controversial feature film on Vietnam, "Hearts and Minds" won an Oscar in 1975. This was followed by several documentary series on TV in 1982.
Earning a B.A. magna cum laude at Harvard, Davis settled in New York with jobs on the New York times newspaper. After serving in the U.S. Army for two years, he worked as a freelance writer. He moved into TV writing and, in 1964, into production with documentaries.
With a boyish look, Davis is disarmingly mild in manner over an inner toughness and determination. His first marriage was to Johanna Mankiewicz who was killed by a taxi on July 25, 1974; his second marriage was in 1979; two kids.