Jean Charles Cazin
- Category : Art-Fine-art-artist
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 5/1 - Heretical / Investigator
- Definition : Split - Small (12,25,35,44)
- Incarnation Cross : LAX Duality 1
- Birth Year: 1841
- Birthday: 25. May
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Profile: 5-1
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Duality 1
- Definition: Double Split - Small (12,25,35,44)
- Variables: BLL-MRR
- 3740 Community
- 1034 Exploration
- 2034 Charisma
- 1057 Perfected Form
- 2057 The Brain Wave
- 1333 The Prodigal
French landscape painter and ceramicist.
After studying in France, he went to England, where he was strongly influenced by the pre-Raphaelite movement. His chief earlier pictures have a religious interest, shown in such examples as The Flight into Egypt (1877), or Hagar and Ishmael (1880, Luxembourg); and afterwards his combination of luminous landscape with figure-subjects (Souvenir de fête, 1881; Journée faite, 1888) gave him a wide repute, and made him the leader of a new school of idealistic subject-painting in France.
He died 17 March 1901.