- Category : Entertain-Music-Composer/Arranger
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 3/5 - Martyr / Heretic
- Definition : Split - Small (32)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Explanation 2
- Birth Year: 1888
- Birthday: 11. May
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Category: Entertain-Music-Composer-Arranger
- Profile: 3-5
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Explanation 2
- Definition: Double Split - Small (32)
- Variables: BRL-MLL
- 2343 Structuring
- 2034 Charisma
- 3041 Recognition
- 2057 The Brain Wave
- 2750 Preservation
- 3457 Power
Russian-American composer of over a thousand songs who also wrote music for films. His works included "Alexander's Ragtime Band," 1911, "White Christmas," "There's No business Like Show Business" and "Remember."
His family came to the U.S. when he was a child of five. While working as a singing waiter, he began writing songs, with his first published song in 1907. He received the Medal of Merit and the Congressional Gold Medal. He also was awarded the French Legion of Honor and in 1942 won an Oscar for the song "White Christmas." In 1986, he came out of seclusion to receive the Medal of Liberty from Pres. Ronald Reagan. Irving Kern gave this quote about Berlin: "Irving Berlin has no place in American music. He is American music.
Died in his sleep on 9/22/1989, New York, at age 101.