Empress of Germany Auguste Viktoria
- Category : 1858-births
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 3/5 - Martyr / Heretic
- Definition : Split - Small (34,57)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Laws 3
Last German Empress and Queen of Prussia. On 27 February 1881, Augusta married Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, who would be ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918. He was a grandson of the British Queen Victoria and related to many monarchs and princes of Europe.
Kaiserin Augusta gave birth to seven children by Wilhelm II:
- William, German Crown Prince (1882–1951); married Duchess Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
- Prince Eitel Friedrich (1883–1942); married Duchess Sophia Charlotte of Oldenburg.
- Prince Adalbert (1884–1948); married Princess Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen.
- Prince August Wilhelm (1887–1949); married Princess Alexandra Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
- Prince Oskar (1888–1958); married Countess Ina Marie von Bassewitz.
- Prince Joachim (1890–1920); married Princess Marie-Auguste of Anhalt.
- Princess Victoria Louise (1892–1980); married Ernest Augustus, Duke of Brunswick.
In 1920, the shock of exile and abdication, combined with the breakdown of Joachim's marriage and his subsequent suicide, proved too much for Augusta. She died in 1921, in House Doorn at Doorn in the Netherlands. The Weimar Republic allowed her remains to be transported back to Germany, where they still lie in the Temple of Antiquities, not far from the New Palace, Potsdam.