B R Ambedkar
- Category : Humanities+Social-Sciences-Philosopher
- Type : MGE
- Profile : 4/6 - Opportunistic / Role Model
- Definition : Quadruple Split (1,10,17,25,27,33,34,48,52,53,57)
- Incarnation Cross : RAX Maya 1
- Birth Year: 1891
- Birthday: 14. April
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Category: Humanities-Social-Sciences-Philosopher
- Profile: 4-6
- Type: Emotional Manifesting Generator
- Inc.Cross: Maya 1
- Definition: Quadruple Split
- Variables: BRR-MLR
- 0515 Rhythm
- 3536 Transistoriness
- 3740 Community
- 3254 Transformation
- 2461 Awareness
Indian jurist, politician, philosopher, anthropologist, historian and economist, popularly known as Babasaheb. A revivalist for Buddhism in India, he inspired the Modern Buddhist movement. As independent India's first law minister, he was principal architect of the Constitution of India.
Born into a poor Mahar family, Ambedkar campaigned against social discrimination, the Indian caste system. He converted to Buddhism and is also credited with providing a spark for the conversion of hundreds of thousands of lower caste members to Buddhism. Ambedkar was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award, in 1990. Eventually earning a law degree and doctorates for his study and research in law, economics and political science from Columbia University and the London School of Economics, Ambedkar gained a reputation as a scholar and practised law for a few years, later campaigning by publishing journals advocating political rights and social freedom for India's untouchables.
Ambedkar died in his sleep on 6 December 1956 at his home in Delhi.